But I’m the light in the middle of every man’s fall” —A Thousand Ways - The Tallest Man On Earth
“when determining the future value of a present project, you look at all future incomes associated. however, you are not allowed to look at any money you have already spent; doing so is called a sunk-cost trap. having sunk a lot of funding into something doesn’t have any effect on how it will do in the future, so you are wasting time thinking “i already spent a million dollars, i just need to spend a bit more” because the million is gone. thus, you already didn’t have the relationship you wanted - having spent effort and emotion on it does not make it any more likely to work in the future, or produce anything positive. so depite wanting to take into account how much time and effort you have spent, don’t, lest you fall into the sunk cost trap.”
I love this! I should write ‘sunk-cost trap’ on my hand and read it every day until I stop wasting time on things that are not good for me.
haha that sass was totally a one off. I am lovely.
aw yeah maybe a bit masculine. they’re really awesome but not something I would wear personally. that guy modelling the backpack though……..hello. I will just have him instead.
regardless, that blog is really sick!
I really want a cute backpack for uni so shit is easier to lug around but I can’t find one anywhere :/ why would that even be a hard thing to find? I hate when you see everybody wearing this one item and then you go to buy one for yourself and it no longer exists. I see heaps of asian girls at uni with backpacks, where the fuck are they shopping…. need to hound some of them for their secrets
In that land there’s a winter
In that winter’s a day
In that day there’s a moment when it all goes all your way
And you know it’s a lion’s heart
That will tumble and tear apart
When he’s comin’ down the hills for you
- social analysis: key perspectives in the social sciences
- gender, sex and popular culture
- islam and modern society
- organisational management and social behaviour
I am super excited for all except the last one, looks pretty shit but it’s compulsory. actually jizzing myself over the islam class, so much brain porn. I already have lots of reading to do before tomorrow, seeya tumblr
Margo Paine, Ph.D. (Body Wars)
This is appalling, and one of many reasons why I publicly identify as a male feminist.
THIS SHOULD MATTER TO YOU!
you could have told me this via so many other avenues of social networking but not only did you choose this one, you did it in caps, too. hahahah I haven’t seen either, I’ll get on it.
that’s weird, what time were you there? we didn’t go to the silent disco, they told us it was twenty bucks to get into it so that was obviously ridiculous haha. I have no idea about the private party deal hey. I didn’t see the silent disco advertised, I was just there for the uni student deal haha.
we got there right on twelve and I think we went up to the second floor pretty much straight away. I was in bad state re: alcohol hahaha so I wasn’t paying much attention to who was there, but I think there was a fair few people! definitely wasn’t a quiet night or anything.
it was a sick time though haha so hilarious that she won a bike, they wheeled it out onto the dance floor and she had to pose with it and shit hahahah. but I get where you’re coming from, I know lots of people that just don’t like king st at all. it can be hit or miss. none of this is really answering your questions though, I really don’t know about the silent disco deal!
I don’t know why everybody is so excited about that vibrator that you plug into your ipod that vibrates along to the music….. that would be terrible? it would be starting and stopping all over the place? I don’t get it? lots of unanswered questions? well?
nope? hahaha I haven’t got anything other than this off you
to all the ladies on tumblr who have been posting about how they want to lose weight, or how their exhaustive diet is coming along, here are a few points I would like to make
- attractiveness is IN YOUR HEAD. you will just as soon become a fierce goddess by telling yourself that you ARE ONE, as you will by spending a shit load of money on gym memberships and diet products and body distorting underwear.
- there is NO correlation between size and attractiveness. when you reinforce the ideology that thin = beautiful, not only are you missing out on a whole lotta self love, but you are telling all the fat girls around you that they’re not beautiful, either. don’t breed self hate!
- big name clothing brands, beauty companies and diet programs WANT YOU TO HATE YOUR BODY so that you will buy their shit! the images they sell you of thin white girls with long blonde hair is a marketing ploy and has NOTHING to do with real life.
- losing weight is a temporary fix for your insecurity problems; even if you do reach your ‘goal weight’, you are only happy with yourself because you fit whatever pre-determined standard of beauty we are being held to today. what happens when you get old? if you get pregnant and put on weight? what about injury? but guess what? loving yourself and accepting your body is a lifelong solution: you will never have to hate yourself again!
- I know it’s difficult, considering that we are fed hundreds of images and messages every day that preach to the contrary, but hey, you’re on tumblr, right? there are pro women, pro self love and pro fat blogs popping up all over the place. surround yourself with positive messages and soon enough, you will believe them.
- “START A REVOLUTION AND STOP HATING YOUR BODY”
- mum: I'm gonna put this bread in the freezer so it doesn't go off
- me: GOD NO PLEASE I HATE THAT HOW AM I MEANT TO MAKE SANDWICHES OUT OF FROZEN BREAD PLEASE NO
- mum: alright I'll just put it in the fridge
- me: okay sick love ya
We’ll order in and watch TV
We’ll paint the house and wash the car
We’ll take a walk but not too far
Quit your life and stay with me” —
my best skill
yeah, or maybe he did something wrong/embarrassing and was made fun of for it. ahh that makes me sad :( he is lucky to have a sister that tries to help him out though!
that sucks :( hopefully some part of him still considers it, even if he won’t admit that to you. I wonder what happened!