“I know I’m lazy with the little things, I mean I never held a door
But I still loved you more than anyone since or before
You are always saying that I owe you one, well let’s consolidate this debt
Get on a payment plan, I’ll pay you compliments, you can still treat me bad”—
“Privilege means you can walk away from the conversation whenever you like because the issues being raised aren’t important to you, and you can always imagine that the marginalized people you are walking away from don’t matter.”—Garland Grey. (via sexismandthecity)
THE HANDY GUIDE TO NOT RAPING PEOPLE IN SEVEN EASY STEPS
1. When you meet a girl who doesn’t want to have sex with you, don’t have sex with her.
2. When you meet a girl who wants to have sex with one of your friends, remember the golden rule: You Are A Different Person To Your Friends. Maybe this handy mnemonic can help: Yentl Acted As Ducks Probed Three Yucky Frenchmen. This will help you remember that a girl who wants to have sex with one person does not necessarily want to have sex with every person she meets. Confusing, I know; what can I say - political correctness, etc.
3. If you meet a girl who DOES want to have sex with you, but then a bit later she says she’d rather not, don’t have sex with her. Again, pretty confusing, I know, but it’s due to a special Scientific Fact: sometimes girls change their minds. Like, remember the time you wanted a kebab, but then you thought no, I’ll have a hamburger instead? It’s a bit like that, only with sex.
4. When you meet a girl who is unconscious, don’t have sex with her. This is true even if she was drinking before. I may be delving into some fairly arcane theory here, but scientists have discovered there is actually technically a difference between “drinking a lot of alcohol” and “saying yes I want to have sex with you”. I realise this difference is probably hard to spot for a lot of you guys; you might have to squint a bit.
5. When you go home with a girl, try not to have sex with her until after she says she’d like to.
6. Practise not having sex with people. I know it’s hard - sometimes you just look down and it’s like, whoops, I’m having sex with this girl, how did that happen? But I bet with a bit of concentration and discipline, you can actually manage to avoid having sex with someone, even when they’re in the same room as you. It’s true! Anyone can do it! Why, last week I met at least five women who I actually didn’t have sex with, without causing myself any particularly severe internal injuries.
7. When you meet a girl who doesn’t want to have sex with you, don’t have sex with her. I realise I already said this one, but that was five steps ago, and I have a feeling some of you guys might have slightly short attention spans.
I don’t really give a shit about this hahaha. peach is a really nice colour, so is coral, so is grey, so is watermelon but I guess that’s about the same thing as coral. tangerine is good! I also really like mint. I am basically talking in the context of nail polish colours by the way.
Day Six: Your favourite season, and why:
I used to really hate winter, but now that I’ve been to new york in winter, I think it’s actually alright. I just need to rug up properly instead of being in denial and trying to keep wearing dresses haha. I like summer because the sun always puts me in a good mood, but as soon as I start sweating I get cranky…. I’m so indecisive ahahah ok I’ll say fucken spring.
ben mitchell explains it all says (10:05 PM): ON TUMBLR WRITE ABOUT YOUR CLOSEST FRIENDS Y U NO WRITE BEN
ben is a lovely gentlemen, even though he guilt trips me into buying him food at uni, puts me in his friends phones as “shanye ‘fucks a lot of dudes’ west”, and rudely retracted his offer to be my new years kiss. in retrospect, what a wanker.
aw I really can’t be bothered hey. who my close friends are is kind of changing so I’m not too sure who to write about anyway. but my two best friends are carly and amber; carly is a bitch and amber is lovely. carly and I get drunk and kiss unfamiliar boys and hitchike rides, amber and I have sleepovers and picnics and attempt to pick up wholesome boyfriends. gives my life incredible balance.
“Female fat [as] a moral issue is articulated with words like good and bad. If our culture’s fixation on female fatness or thinness was about sex, it would be private issue between a woman and her lover; if it were about health, between a woman and herself… A cultural fixation on female thinness is not an obsession about female beauty but one about obedience.”—
-Naomi Wolf The Beauty Myth
One of my favorite quotes I put in my paper tonight!
shannon west is 3rd in number of searches of 5 family and marriage counselors on healthgrades shannon west is one of them shannon west is a photographer specializing in fashion shannon west is a study in looking on the bright side shannon west is only too happy to share those options with you in this video shannon west is a douche bag shannon west is a car park development company shannon west is one of the most perceptive programmers in the format
“In my dreams you’re alive and you’re crying
As your mouth moves in mine, soft and sweet
Rings of flowers around your eyes and I’ll love you
For the rest of your life”—Neutral Milk Hotel (via witchery)
“Fuck these patriarchal beauty standards”. I hear you loud and clear, but women wearing pink and glitter and heels are not the enemy. And believe it or not, a whole bunch of women LIKE wearing that shit. We are not dumb, less feminist or watered down because of it. A long time ago when I was in undergrad I walked up to my feminist friends sitting in the grass and they started talking about my pink backless shirt and how their own clothes weren’t so “cutesy,” then it got awkward so I left and one of them said “see you later Blossom”. Do you remember that show? I loved it. But that’s not the point. The point is that my “friend” snuck a little snide comment in front of our all of our other friends simply because I like dressing up. And that was at least 8 years ago and I still remember everything about that day. Feminism is not about laughing at other girls and making them feel insecure. Especially over something as trivial as clothes. Remember you are pro-choice. Respect my choice to wear booty shorts.”—Lamesha, Grrrl Perspective (via tulletulle)